- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 cups rice flour blend*
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp nutmeg
1. Combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter in a large bowl. Mix well with a wire whisk or fork.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet. Mix by hand with a large spoon. (Do not use an electric mixer).
3. Let batter rest for about 15 minutes. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface. If dough is sticky, work in more rice flour blend.
4. Roll dough 1/2″ thick. Cut with a doughnut cutter.
5. Fry in 1 to 3 inches of very hot oil (375 degrees F) until brown on one side. Turn doughnuts over and brown on second side.
6. While doughnuts are still warm, toss in a mixture of white sugar & cinnamon to coat. Serve warm.
*NOTE: Rice flour blend is 6 parts rice flour, 2 parts potato starch, and 1 part tapioca starch
~ from time to time, recipes i want to try will be posted so i have them all in one place :: thanks to thebakingbeauties.blogspot.com for this recipe ~